December 8: Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
Oh goodness, this one is going to be hard to narrow down. I was able to read a lot of new authors that I hadn’t read before.
- Jennifer Niven- At the end of April I read All the Bright Places and it changed my life. I’ve had books touch my soul before but not like this one did. I laughed and cried and felt all the feels. (5/5 stars)
- Victoria Aveyard- In May I got the chance to read Red Queen for the first time. Now, I am fortunate enough to be part of The Scarlet Guard street team. (4/5 stars)
- V.E. Schwab- I received a copy of A Darker Shade of Magic through Owlcrate. I throughly enjoyed this novel and am looking forward to not only the second book in the series (A Gathering of Shadows) but also the other book that she is releasing next year (This Savage Song). (4/5 stars)
- Lauren Oliver- Oh my gosh my heart couldn’t take all the feels that was Vanishing Girls. This was one of the books that I just couldn’t put down. Every twist and turn had my head spinning in a good way. I honestly did not see the ending coming and normally I can somewhat predict what is going to happen. (5/5 stars)
- Rainbow Rowell- Fangirl touched my heart in so many ways. I felt that I was able to relate with Cath in some ways. This novel made my heart happy and I ended up buying all the collector’s editions. (4/5 stars)
- Marissa Meyer- I love fairytales and retellings of fairytales. I picked up a signed copy of Cinder at a local small bookstore and instantly fell in love with the characters. I love the retellings that Meyer has created. I am hoping to read Cress and Winter soon. (4/5 stars)
- Sabaa Tahir- When I wandered through Barnes and Noble one day while I was feeling down and not myself, I picked up a copy of An Ember in the Ashes. I throughly enjoyed the novel and can’t wait until the next book in the series (A Torch Against the Night) comes out. (4/5 stars)
- Ransom Riggs- I love paranormal stories and I am glad to say that I really enjoyed Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. I love the idea of anything supernatural existing. I enjoyed the story and the characters that Riggs created. (4/5 stars)
- Jessie Rosen- I received an ARC of Dead Ringer through Netgalley and Full Fathom Five for an honest review. I really enjoyed this thriller/mystery novel that kept me guessing every step of the way. I am looking forward to there hopefully being a second book. (4/5 stars)
- Katie McGarry- Holy crap was my first thought. I am a huge fan of the TV show Sons of Anarchy, and this book was a perfect way to continue my liking of motorcycle club stories. This book captured my attention from the first sentence and I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait for Walk the Edge to be released next year. (5/5 stars)
- Sarah J. Maas- I read The Assassin’s Blade earlier this year and I finished Throne of Glass hours before writing this an I am happy to say that she is now one of my new favorite authors of this year. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series and reading A Court of Thorns and Roses. (4/5 stars).
Okay, so I went over by one author but you have to give me props for narrowing it down to 11.
Happy reading bookwyrms!
Weekly feature hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish